Monday 15 April 2013

Sleep, and lack of it!

I've been having trouble sleeping for quite some time, I can stay awake for 2-3 days at a time. Of course I'm knackered and zombiefied for the majority of this time, but I'm still awake. Recently I'd been able to sleep again normally, getting at least 6 hours a night, which is unusual for me at the best of times. But the past couple of days it's been a struggle again.
Last "night" I didn't get to sleep until after 4am, then I was awake from 7:30. I've been on the go all day.
⚫ School run, 8:45 until 9:15
⚪ Came home and began sorting out my room. I did LOADS! I've thrown out two bin bags of stuff I don't use or didn't even know I owned. I've got one basket left to sort out. Anything that doesn't have a "home" will be thrown. I did this all day. Sorting, throwing, cleaning, dusting, crafting. Next thing I knew it was time for the school run!
⚫ School run 2:30 until 3:45. I headed out slightly earlier than normal, mainly because I didn't want to lose track of time again. But it was lovely and sunny so thought I'd make the most of the warmth outside!


While I was waiting for the school gates to open, I had a phone call from my personal advisor. (I'd sent her an email last week about ways of gaining experience in areas I don't currently have any, but she's been off poorly) I told her I'd been offered a job, guaranteed hours, everything! Said contract was sorted between childminder and myself. We originally had an appointment booked for tomorrow but she has to go into hospital so couldn't keep it, but instead offered me an appointment if I could make it up to the job centre before 4pm. So I had to run home from the school, grab my purse, proof of childcare contract and costs, run up to town and get to the job centre. Was sat down by 3:45 which I think was good been as Ash didn't get out until 3:25.
⚪ All our paperwork was sorted, childcare paperwork for first week to be paid for, "better off calculation" then she asked if I needed any clothing to start work. My mind went blank so I said jeans and shoes. So I got a voucher for two pairs of jeans and either boots/ shoes or trainers from Matalan.
⚫Slight detour on the way home, 4:45 until 5:30 we was at Matalan.

By the time we got home we were both shattered! Ashleigh didn't want to do anything but watch a DVD, and I just needed to lie down as I had a headache! (Was very proud of myself for not falling asleep at that point which I quite often do if I'm tired at a random time, which doesn't help my bad sleep patterns!)
Ash only wanted Pasgetti for dinner, so I ping'd that and ping'd myself a mini pizza.
The rest of the evening I flitted between craft stuff and cleaning, as well as some organisational things for Scentsy.

Then the wall hit at 8pm, I was struggling to stay awake but needed to to get Ash off to bed! She wanted to watch Batman before bed, so I put it on in the living room and left her to it. When it finished I realised I hadn't seen her sneak into my room for some time, she'd fell asleep on the armchair all cuddled up! She looked so sweet. So I put her to bed.
NOW is the time I should be going to sleep, I should be shattered, beyond shattered after not stopping all day! But I'm now awake. Sure my body feels tired and I'm a little brain dead. But my mind can't switch off again for me to be able to fall asleep. Maybe if I did the last basket that'll bore me to sleep!

Really should go to the doctors about my lack of sleep :/
Wish I slept as much as Ashleigh!




No comments:

Post a Comment